Monday, July 11, 2011

At last - the creams!

Last Wednesday I prepared my first two batches of skin creams. One is cleansing cream; the other is moisturizing cream. The recipes produced so much that I am thinking of having my husband, Gregarious Gary distribute samples to the ladies in our neighborhood. I will need to find proper containers and label what they are and the ingredients. I want to get these products out while they are still fresh during these warm summer months, because they are pure and have a relatively short shelf life. I definitely want to make certain my darling daughters-in-law have a chance to try them. Then I want to determine which carrier oil works best for each of their skin types so I can provide them with the optimum skin care products.

Lotion, lip balm and shampoo are the next three items on my cosmetics to-try list. I am having fun, especially now that I have tried it with some degree of success. Next time I do the moisturizing cream, I will put in more solid oil, such as shea butter so it sets up better.

While shopping for ingredients for the skin care product recipes, I found myself in the Body Basics store on Higgins. The lady running in charge knew her business, so I asked her about shampoo. I have always washed my hair every day and used creme rinse - with products that are purported to be high quality - but the past several months my hair has been dry and scalp itchy. She sold me a small amount of Walnut shampoo and told me to dilute it. I have tried it twice and believe it improves the texture of my hair. Last night I even used the hair rinse I used when I was 13 years old - vinegar water. It worked like a charm. My hair is chemically altered because I color it; so it is somewhat delicate.

This morning I made yet another purchase of expensive ingredients for the skin care products; so I should be off and running trying more recipes. I wish more people were here to try the lovely creams I have made. Happy Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment